In this course we learned the basics of creating websites. We learned enough to create a small simple website. There is much more to learn about creating websites. Some courses offered at WCC which you might be interested in learning about are:
- ICS123 - Audio & Video
- This course explores creating and editing audio and video media and incorporating them into websites
- ICS119 - Introduction to Social Media
- This course takes a look at building a brand and the various types of social media to help promote yourself, a company or organization.
- ICS203 - Digital Image Editing
- This course covers creating and editing images in more depth
- ICS207 - Building Web Applications
By completing this course you are 1/3 of the way to earning WCC's Web Support Certificate. To earn the certificate take any two of the above courses.
The field of website development is constantly changing and I am continually updating my material and exercises, you are welcome to take a look through my course materials in the future to see updated information. Access my course website directly at least for the next semester. Also my Vimeo channel Vanessa's Web Coding will be available for a while, and will be updating it and creating more exercises and lessons even after I retire from teaching at WCC.
About the Exam
The final exam is comprehensive (meaning it covers the entire semester). The exam questions mostly are derived from the mini-exams.
- The test is timed - 2 hours.
- Must be taken in ONE sitting.
- The clock does not stop if you pause the exam and will automatically submit when the time limit is reached.
- Allow enough time to complete the exam in one sitting.
- You may use notes and refer to the lessons and assignments, but you won't have time to look up every answer.
- Go through and answer the questions that you do know, then go back and look up the ones you don't know.
- Do not do a web search for your answers, look at the notes & exercises, the answers I am looking for are from my lessons.
The final exam is due on FRIDAY of exam week. If your exam is not submitted by 11:59 PM on that date, your score will be a 0. Late submission will be not be allowed! Do not wait until the last minute to take the exam in case there are technical difficulties, power failures, etc. Don't procrastinate!
Study Guide for Exam
- Mini-exam 1 - Notes
- Mini-exam 2 - Notes
- Mini-exam 3 - Notes
- Mini-exam 4 - Notes
- Given a screen shot of a web page be able to identify the elements such as parts of the web address, headings, tables, title, favicon, formatting and be able to determine what CSS has been applied.
- Fill in- Know 6 of the steps of the web development cycle and the order in which they should be accomplished. (One word for each step - from the first lesson)