Points: 20 pts
Summary: Write 2-5 pages for your business plan regarding products & services
Each essay is going to be part of the final business plan. For each essay stick to the TOPIC of the essay. The essays will be incorporated into the larger business plan, but will not be in the order that they are written. For instance the business description will be one of the last essays, but will be near the beginning of the report. Don't include other topics in this essay and don't worry about introducing your business. The topic of this essay is Products and/or Services. If your business will be selling products only, then the topic is Products. If your business will be selling services only, then the topic is Services. If your business will be selling products and services then the topic is Products and Services.
It's preferable to use Microsoft Word 2016 for your writings in this class. The following specifications must be met
- Modify normal style for the following styling set (Just like we did in the exercise at the beginning of the semester)
- Font: Times New Roman or Times, 12 pt
- Double spacing
- First line indent
- Your essay should have at least one heading. Any headings should be appropriately heading styles added. The headings can be thought of as an outline for your document. Use heading 1 style for your main heading on your essay. Subheadings of the heading 1 should use the heading 2 style, subheadings of heading 2 should use the heading 3 style & so on. Only use the next level if it is a subheading of another heading. It's possible that your document may only have one heading at level 1 with numerous headings at level 2. USE STYLES!
- Correct any spelling or grammar errors as indicated by the program. Spelling errors are indicated with red wavy lines. Grammar errors with blue lines. Dashed line have recommended change of wording. Right-click on the words for suggestions. (Control-click on Macs)
Note: The computer doesn't get everything right, you can ignore indicated errors that you know are not really errors, such as Hawaiian Words or name of a company, and please be sure to proof read and catch errors that the computer doesn't catch.
- Information from external resources should be appropriately cited using APA 6th edition using Word's citation tool. Citations are required for any information that you have obtained through outside resources for all essays. .
- Since these essay will be combined into a larger paper, a bibliography, table of contents, headers, footers, page number should not be added to the essay. We will add these to the final Business Plan.
Gather your bullet points from the lessons and activities for this unit. Organize the points in a cohesive manner. They should be organized in such a manner to help you write up information concerning the following recommended aspects of your business (Customize as needed for your business):
- Describe your products and/or services
- Include images if available
- How will your products and/or services be priced
- Describe how your products and/or services are unique
- Describe how these products and/or services are competitive
- Consider creating a brochure or other documentation on the products and/or services include those in the appendix. (Optional, but recommended)
You may need to research additional information and add that information to your points. Be sure to cite your research.
The top heading for this essay should be one of the following depending upon your business.
- Products and Services
Write the essay
Your file should be named with your first name and last initial followed by essay1. For instance the name for my file would be
.docx is added by Word at the end of the file name, on some systems you might not see this. If you see it don't delete it.
Use the weekly sentence points as a guide to write your essay. The essay should be 2-5 pages long with 2 full pages being minimum. If you are writing fewer pages now, you may need to write more pages in future essays or add in information to this essay for your final business plan assignment which should be 16-20 pages. Keep in mind your audience is people in other businesses and you are writing from the perspective of an entrepreneur. You are not writing as a student with the teacher as your audience.
- Use clear and concise language and write in a business-like manner.
- Grammar and spelling are correct.
- Provide enough information without overburdening with details
- Information is comprehensible and written logically.
- Answer – who, what, when, where, why & how
- Be logical, and not emotional, in presentation of your facts, but do display some passion for your business.
- Focus on strengths, but don’t ignore weaknesses
- Document everything - create citations!
- Minimum page length met. Percentage missing will be deducted from score. For instance, if essay is one and three quarter pages in length and two pages are minimum, then 12.5% of the points will de deducted from the score.
- All the required points are included in the essay. Percentage missing will be deducted from score. For instance, if only 3 of the 4 points are covered, then 25% of the points will de deducted from the score.
- All grammar and spelling errors as indicated by Word are corrected and document has been proof read to catch other grammar and spelling errors. One quarter of a point will be deducted for each, up to 5 points.
- Essay is written in a logical, clear and concise manner. Up to 5 points will be deducted.
The combined points lost for above items 1 & 2 will not be more than 50%
Submitting the Essay
Your essay should be uploaded to Laulima in Assignments, Tasks & Surveys by the due date at the end of the unit covered in this essay.